Funded Research Performed:
- FPHL Model Operation and Maintenance, and Model Upgrades.
Florida International University/Florida Office of Insurance Regulation,
12/09/2013-06/30/2018, $121,000, Subcontract.
- Florida Public Hurricane Loss Model Project Enhancements to
Estimate Losses from Storm Surge and Flooding. Florida International
University/Florida Office of Insurance Regulation,
01/01/2014-12/31/2017, $173,000, Subcontract.
- System Support for the Development & Simulation of Tropical Cyclone
Numerical Models in a Cluster System. NOAA, 08/01/2007-09/30/2015,
- Data Integration and Data Mining Support for Tropical Cyclone
Integrated Observing System. NOAA, 08/01/2007-09/30/2015, $154,535, PI.
- Data Mining Assisted Disaster Information Management for Effective
Crisis Management and Disaster Recovery Planning and Management.
Sayling Wen Cultural & Educational Foundation, Service Science Society
of Taiwan, 01/01/2014-12/31/2014, $3,400 (Total NT$300,000, about $10,000),
Co-PI (Collaborator: Dr. Chi-Min Shu).
- Public Hurricane Model. Florida International University/Florida
Office of Insurance Regulation, 02/01/2010-06/30/2013, $109,939, Subcontract.
- TCL Research America, gift funds, $80,000.
- Data Analysis and Near-Real-time Quality Control in Support of the
International Argo Project. NOAA, 03/01/2008-06/30/2012, $102,500, PI.
- Research and Implementation of a Hydrographic Database in Support of
the Operational and Research Community. NOAA, 08/15/2008-06/30/2012,
- Huawei (FutureWei Technologies, Inc.), gift funds, $15,840, 2008.
- Design and Development of the Caribbean-wide Reef Fish Visual Census
Universal Database. NOAA, 02/04/2003-09/30/2010, $154,114, PI.
- Research and Development of Oracle Content Management System and
Web Tools for the NOAA Southeast Coral Reef Research Program. NOAA,
01/15/2004-06/30/2009, $161,947, PI.
- Hurricane Loss Projection Model. Florida International
University/Florida Office of Insurance Regulation, 01/09/2006-09/30/2009,
- ITR: Collaborative Research: Distributed Information Fusion Networks
for Threat Detection and Assessment. NSF ITR (Medium) IIS-0325260,
08/15/2003-07/31/2007, $399,647, Co-PI (PI: Kamal Premaratne).
- Research Experiences for Undergraduates. NSF, 05/03/04-07/31/04,
$6,000, Co-PI (PI: Kamal Premaratne).
- Design and Development of the Florida Keys Coral Reef Ecological
Assessment Universal Database. University of North Carolina/NOAA,
06/01/2005-05/31/2006, $20,000, Subcontract.
- Implementation of the NOAA Southeast Coral Reef Database
System (SeCoRDS). NOAA, 02/10/2003-05/31/2004, $46,979, PI.
- Hurricane Risk and Insured Loss Projection Model, Florida
International University/Florida Department of Insurance,
08/15/2002-09/01/2005, Amount: $ 81,531, Subcontract.
- Fishery Resource Habitat Use Modeling in Florida Bay: Development
and Application to Everglades Restoration Implementation (Phase 1).
National Park Service, 12/03/2003-06/03/2005, $21,581, Collaborating
Investigator (PI: Jerald Ault), Total amount: $101,008.
- Distributed Intrusion Detection Systems Research Support. Florida
International University/Naval Research Laboratory (NRL),
04/2004-12/28/2004, $5,000, Subcontract.
- Resource Management and Quality of Service in Multimedia Wireless
Networks, Telecommunications & Information Technology Institute/Florida
International University, 01/14/2002-12/31/2002, Amount: $ 58,606,
Co-PI (Collaborators: Dr. Shu-Ching Chen and Dr. Raimund Ege).
- Reduction of OSHA Recordable Injuries in a Large Utility Company.
Florida Power and Light, 6/2001-12/2001, Amount: $38,500, Senior
Investigator (PI: Dr. S. Asfour).
- Provost Research Award. University of Miami, 06/01/2012-05/31/2013, $16,800, PI.
- Adaptive Network Transmission Control Mechanism for Optimal Resource Utilization, General Research Support Award, Research Council, University of Miami, 06/01/2002-05/31/2003, Amount: $ 5,000, PI.
- Aerodynamic Design Optimization with Artificial Intelligence for Efficient Search of Global Optimum, College of Engineering (CoE) Research Council, University of Miami, 2/1/2002-12/31/2002, Amount: $ 25,000, Co-PI (Collaborator: Dr. Gecheng Zha).
- Data Mining for Web Document Management. University of Miami, 05/16/2001-08/15/2001, Amount: $9,300, PI.